FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- At least 100 volunteers will help PENCIL pack thousands of supply bags for Metro Nashville teachers at a Pack-a-Thon on July 27th and 28th
- Metro teachers will attend a Pep Rally and Celebration at First Horizon Park on Monday evening, August 1st, featuring musical performances, prizes, and remarks from sponsors including Dollar General, Amazon, Nashville Soccer Club, and the Nashville Predators
- Media opportunities to speak with volunteers at Pack-a-Thon and with sponsors and teachers at Pep Rally
Nashville, TN (July 26, 2022) – PENCIL (Public Education Needs Community Involvement and Leadership), the boots-on-the-ground resource recruiter to Metro Nashville Public Schools, is hosting its annual Together 4 Teachers project in advance of the upcoming school year.
Media is invited to join either opportunity—note that the Pep Rally will have more access to sponsors:
- Pack-a-Thon | 7/27 and 7/28 at PENCIL, 7199 Cockrill Bend Blvd. 37209
- Volunteer shifts run from 8-10 AM, 11-1 PM, and 2-4 PM
- Pep Rally | 8/1 at First Horizon Park, 19 Junior Gillam Way 37219
- Event runs from 5-8 PM with programming beginning at 5:45 PM
Together 4 Teachers provides access to bags of popular teacher supplies for all MNPS classroom teachers before the start of the 2022-2023 school year. The project celebrates our public school educators by acknowledging our community’s appreciation for them, and raising awareness about PENCIL’s free teacher resource center, the DG PENCIL Box.
At the Pack-a-Thon, sponsors along with over 100 volunteers will assemble school supplies into thousands of tote bags – one for every Metro classroom teacher. The bags will be available first at the pep rally at First Horizon Park on August 1st, then at the DG PENCIL Box in the days after the event.
In addition to receiving PENCIL supply bags, teachers will enjoy live performances, games, and more.
Supplies for Together 4 Teachers and year-round resources at the DG PENCIL Box are made possible through financial investments and in-kind donations. Sponsors and major partners for this year’s event include Dollar General, Amazon, Ingram Charities, Nashville Soccer Club, Nashville Predators Foundation, and First Horizon Foundation.
Media interested in attending these events or any questions should be directed to Kiley Johnson, Events & Marketing Manager, at KJohnson@PENCIL615.org.
Founded in 1982 by a collective of Nashville business leaders, PENCIL (www.pencilforschools.org) links community resources to Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) to help young people achieve academic success and prepare for life. Our work is guided by the needs of MNPS, is student-centric, and is achieved through partnerships and tangible engagements. PENCIL envisions a world where all students have equitable access to opportunities and resources.