On August 25, PENCIL rang in its 40th school year supporting Metro Nashville Public Schools with its fifth annual Back to School Breakfast, presented by Elliott Davis. It was a pleasure to spend the morning at Belmont University with more than 500 caring community members and business leaders.
The morning was one for the books – guests began the day networking with fellow business leaders, followed by an inspiring program, featuring a special recognition of Rogers Group, Inc. for their outstanding partnership to MNPS, and a panel of educators, students, and partners, led by Tennessean Opinion Editor David Plazas, speaking to the impact of PENCIL’s programs.
During the event, we raised more than $30,000 in donations – which will allow PENCIL to increase community resources and support for Metro schools in this new school year. Together, we can ensure every teacher has the tools they need to teach, and students to learn.
We’re grateful to everyone who made the Back to School Breakfast possible:
- Our generous sponsors who continue investing in PENCIL, especially our Presenting Sponsors, Elliott Davis and our host, Belmont University
- Our opening speakers, Dr. Greg Jones, Dr. Adrienne Battle, Mayor John Cooper, Jim Schmitz, and Darin Matson
- Our co-chairs Kenny Crapse, Joan Fleming, and Nicole Keefe
- Our amazing PENCIL Champion panelists and moderator, David Plazas
- Our wonderful table hosts, guests, and supporters